Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Grandma, Grandpa, & BoBo

One of the fondest family memories I have of recent years has been the births of my two nephews and niece. Matthew's birth was the most memorable because he was the first on both sides and we were all there waiting in anticipation to meet the little guy, who sadly, is no longer so little. Jake's birth was cool and relaxed, no fuss, kind of like Jake himself. And of course, the unforgettable, yet comical birth of Sofia, on Christmas Day. Mom's final gift to all of us.

When I was pregnant with Ella I day dreamed of the first time our families would see the baby and I would get so excited. It was important to me to have family there and involved as much as they could be, to share in our joy to welcome our daughter. Jeff and I (and Ella) were so lucky to have our parents in town for her birth. This post is a perfect example of why I created this blog. To give Ella the opportunity to look back and see where she came from, and how she changed so many lives.

So to have Ella's grandparents meet her the day she arrived was extremely touching. If I learned anything from Matthew's birth, its that Grandma's (and Grandpas) love their grandbabies, so I wanted Jeff's folks and my Dad to be involved. And of course, my mom is always there in spirit.



Grandpa holding Ella for the first time



Proud Grandma



Really excited to hold Baby Ella



Grandpa & Grandma meeting Ella (also one of my fave pictures)



Bobo meets Ella



One proud Bobo

Ella is one lucky girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment