Thursday, September 9, 2010

Grover A.K.A. Grogy

Back in April, Grandma and Grandpa's friends threw us a baby shower in Kansas City. It was a great time and we were definetely showered with many gifts. Tia Angie, Uncle Dan, and Sofia even came to celebrate. It was our first shower, so we were excited to celebrate the pending arrival of our little girl.



Here we are with our hosts, Scotty & Lucy. And of course, Grandma & Grandpa

We received so many great gifts that day to get us ready for our baby, but one gift especially stuck out. It wasn't until it was in my lap that I believed it was actually ours, let alone going home with us.



Grandpa is very tricky and surprised us with the biggest Grover doll I had ever seen. At first I thought it was for Sofia to play with, but I was wrong, very wrong. We were the proud new owners of a giant Grover. It turns out that Jeff's favorite childhood toy was Grover, who he affecitonately renamed, Grogy.




"Grogy" has since made a place in our home and we foresee you and him becoming great pals, just like your Dad was when he was little. He has been there for every thing so far, even welcoming us home from the hospital. Fortunately, Ella can't drag our Grover around quite yet. So, as she grows we will watch her grow right alongside Grover. Here is Ella at 6 weeks old:



I never would have believed that I would be so happy to have a giant Grover doll in my house, but I am, so thank you Grandma and Grandpa for passing along one of Ella's first traditions. Ella - we look forward to watching you grow up with Grover.

No comments:

Post a Comment