Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Houston, Road Trip, Girl Cousins, New Baby...Oh My!

Back in October Ella, Jeff, and I drove down to Houston to visit Angie's crew and celebrate with Mary at her baby shower. It was a great week, but I'm not sure anyone had more fun than Sofia. She LOVES her baby cousin, Ella a.k.a. Baby A-yy-a.







Sofia is way too cute with her cousin and with so much practice, we know she'll be a great big sister! I know these sweet girl cousins, along with baby girl on the way, will be the best of friends. And as much as Sofia loves her "boy cousins", I know she will love her baby sister and baby cousin even more.



Love this picture of Ella and Tia Angie!



Wow...I see this picture and can only imagine that my mother's heart is bursting with joy... Such sweet girls!

The entire trip was pretty relaxing. We got to spend some great quality time with Mary and Kyle while we were there, along with Uncle Dan. Mary is absolutely radiant and we had a blast showering her and Baby Herbert at the shower.



While we were baby-showering, Jeff stayed with Mr. Uncle Kyle Herbert, ESQ. Kyle got some baby holding practice too. Looks thrilled, huh?





Later that night we went out for dinner and drinks with the Herberts and Coussirat clans. And since Angie never leaves her neighborhood, The Heights, we didn't go far. It was a lot of fun and we had plenty of free baby holders...















Jeff had to leave Houston before us for work, so Angie and Sofia drove back with Ella and me. Have you ever driven 4+ hours with a pregnant woman, infant, and toddler? What can I say? It was interesting to say the least. Angie was very helpful and Sofia even lent a helping hand...literally.



I find that I learn something new with every trip I take with Ella. This trip in particular, Angie showed me one very helpful trick. We were about 20 miles from home and Ella decided it was time to eat. So instead of pulling over, Angie popped her a bottle and Sofia wanted to help. It maybe wasn't the safest choice, but Ella did not seem to mind one bit.

We stopped several times (remember the infant, preggo, and toddler) and we managed to snap a few shots of Ella at the appropriate rest stops.







She is probably going to hate me for these one day...

When we finally got home Angie and I were exhausted! The first thing on the agenda was to get both girls to take naps, and Ella was happy to oblige. Sofia was a different story. There was just too many distractions in Ella's room for her to go down without a fight.



I loved having Angie and Sofia stay with us for a few days while Jeff was gone. Sofia really enjoyed sleeping in our bed with Angie, along with her friends. I especially enjoyed hanging with Sofia in the mornings while Angie slept.



This picture is my favorite. I asked her to play quietly since Baby Ella and Mommy were sleeping, so she just stared at Ella in the swing for a good 20 minutes.









It was a great few days spending time with friends and family. We love it when we have family come to visit, especially since Sofia is just too sweet with Ella. Angie and I really feel blessed to have our girls and I know they'll grow up to be best friends.

Thanks for the visit Herberts & Coussirats!

P.S. Mary & Kyle welcomed their Baby Girl, Etta, January 4th. She is happy and healthy - we can't wait to meet her!














No comments:

Post a Comment