Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ella - 7 Months Old



I need to update her other monthly pictures, but I didn't want to hold out on letting anyone see the cuteness that is my girl at 7 months! She woke up so happy from her nap today that I figured it was a perfect time for her and Grover to have a photoshoot! She is sitting up so well these days, so I figured I would try her mini rocking chair, which as you can see, she loved! This was a bit emotional for me, though. Jeff and I bought this little rocking chair about a week before Ella was born. We thought it would look cute, but never really thought she'd actually be able to sit it in it, but Ella, yet again, surpised us both!







Ella has been a true joy lately. Jeff and I have loved every second of this age and we are finding that each day gets a little bit sweeter...and easier. She truly is the happiest baby and never ceases to amaze us. She is grabbing toys, sitting up, babbling, and eating her veggies! She loves her bananas and sweet potatoes, and much to her Grandmother's chagrin, even likes peas. The beginning of February she wasn't too happy and we later realized why: she had two teeth break thru! Ella was a pro and only wimpered a few nights, but other than that she is pretty much sleeping through the night and such a content little girl.

A few Ella facts as of today...

- she LOVES sitting and playing in her high chair



- her favorite toy these days is a giraffe



- she experienced her first real snow last week and seemed to love it



- she loves her bath time with her Daddy and loves the toys even more



- she LOVES her Daddy...they cuddle and play and she lights up when he's around



And most importantly, Ella has her priorities...



February has been a busy month...

We ate our veggies...



Got snowed in for far too long...




Yes, that's me with her giraffe hanging from my pony-tail. No comment.
We jumped around looking like a drunk hobo...



We cuddled with Scott and Grandma Lucy... (also to her Garndmother's chagrin)





Got dressed up for Ella's first fancy dinner party and night on the town...



Was very upset when Christina Aguilera flubbed the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner...geez!



Grew very nervous at the end of the Super Bowl while cheering on the Pack...



And then happily jumped with excitement as the Packers became Super Bowl Champs...



I also felt like it was important to include a few things that can not be documented with a picture, but are certainly blog-worthy...

Our friend we used to refer to as Ben, but now as "The guy who gave my baby Splenda" gave my baby Splenda. He lived, but more importantly so did Ella.

Uncle Time referred to ME as the "cool, fun parent". Let me type that again, but in bold, the "cool, fun parent". However, out of love and respect for my husband, I will not say what Uncle Tim called Jeff, but lets just say it is the opposite of, "the cool, fun parent".

We have had a great few weeks surrouned by friends and family. Each day is a new adventure with Ella and we are loving every second. Jeff is been home a lot lately and we are having a ball! We feel very blessed and grateful to be Ella's parents!

So cheers to my sweet, happy, not so little 7-month old baby girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment